LCNC's vision is of a unique self-build urban development and co-operative in London. This would create a self managed sustainable and healthy way of living that would also be open to, and benefit the local neighbourhood. The initiative would serve as a holistic hub that would enable us as individuals to grow organicaly and live better lives impacting future generations.
Our SixMix concept acts as a model for social, economic and environmental urban living that expands notions of family, education and community. The development would include these six areas:
- Learning – a lifelong learning centre and community space
- Urban agriculture – on site food growing
- Health and Wellbeing - a broad range of activities
- Workspace - for a variety of activities
- Local Mutual Fund – to support the neighbourhood
- Housing - rental for intergenerational tenants